Staffordshire Parent Carer Forum
Staffordshire Parent Carer Forum (StaffsPCF) is an independent organisation run by volunteers who are all parents or carers of children and young people who have special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND). We know how difficult it can be to navigate “the system” to ensure the best provision and outcomes for our children and we are working hard to improve this.
Don’t Miss our latest…
Survey shows S.E.N.D. families in Staffordshire not feeling positive impact of local authority changes yet
Thank you to the 150 parents, carers and families who filled the 2nd annual Staffordshire Parents and Carer Forum (S.P.C.F.) survey on their experience of S.E.N.D. services in the county!
- Despite a lot of hard work at local authority level to make changes, we’re still not seeing positive impact for families and children/young people.
- E.C.H.P. Processes (needs assessments, reviews and implementation) are still a massive issue for parents. Problems include poor timeliness, very limited responsiveness (not reacting to a need or being fast enough when a need has been identified) and a lack of co-production (consultation and collaboration between families and schools or the system).
- Parents/carers still rarely feel listened to or believed. (Some of the on-the-record messages about parent blaming from the political leadership of S.C.C. have created an atmosphere of distrust.)
- Most parents/carers don’t have a relationship with a key worker and feel that they don’t have a clear line into the different services. This means families often get lost in the system.
- Most parents/carers feel that the different services aren’t joined up or coordinated, which makes them even harder to access. They report that different bits of the same service often give different advice/guidance.
- Parents/carers feel that there is a clear lack of experience, expertise, time and resources in all parts of the system. This has a direct negative impact on meeting their child’s needs.
Save the date! Together we Thrive free marketplace event | 3 October 2023
Book now for our FREE “one-stop shop” event for young people, parents/carers and education providers.
Find out what SEND services are available in your local area to help young people and families to thrive. Discover a wide range of support & advice from SEND specialists, professionals and organisations on how to navigate the system and get the best outcomes for your families and education settings.
Enjoy an opportunity to chat with other parents and carers facing similar challenges, or hear about the new pathways and Staffordshire’s commitment to the coproduction promise.
Staffordshire County Showground, Ingestre Suite
Tuesday 3rd October 2023
9.30am – 4.30pm
Drop In anytime during the day (Come along after the school run, stay all day or pop in for an hour, we aim to have something for everyone)
Find out more and see all news & events